Did you know? The Google Assistant can now be changed to sound like a male, and this is how to do it.
Changing Assistant voices on your phone
- Hold down on your home button to prompt the Google Assistant
- Tap the circular blue icon near the upper-right
- Touch the overflow icon in the top-right and go to Settings
- Go to Preferences -> Assistant voice
Changing Assistant voices on Google Home
- Open the Google Home app
- Go to More settings from the hamburger menu
- Preferences -> Assistant voice
Once you’re at the Assistant voice section, Voice I is the female voice and Voice II is the male one. Tapping the blue speaker icon next to each one will play a preview for how it sounds, and touching anywhere else on either voice option will select it as your new default. The male voice doesn’t change anything about how the Google Assistant works, but it is nice to have some added customization over how Google’s AI sounds when interacting with it.
That’s it. It’s super easy to change (and super easy to change back) if you want to try something new.
A heads up: The feature isn’t available everywhere just yet, so if you’re outside the United States you might have to wait a bit before it will become available for your device.